So here we are – a few weeks into the New Year already! If you made a New Year resolution to lose weight and are sticking to it, you’re probably finding that your clothing is starting to become loose. Great, well done!
But, things don’t look so good now on you. And here’s the problem. If you’re only half way to your goal, you may not want to buy a lot of new clothes which will not fit you within a few weeks or months.
So here’s some advice: (Because you deserve to look and feel good every step of the way!)
- Start by removing everything from your wardrobe that is seriously too big. These clothes will no longer flatter you, and will most likely be simply uncomfortable to wear (especially pants and skirts that fall down).
- Buy a few basics – look for garments which can be adjusted or altered quickly and simply. Fabrics with a bit of stretch (about 2%) will give you more bang for your buck.
- Purchase a couple of accent, trend pieces from the fast fashion cheaper chain stores. These keep your wardrobe up to date, and stop you from becoming bored.
- Find a good place to get your high quality clothes altered.
- Buy clothing in capsules. A capsule is a few pieces that mix and match to create many different outfits.
By the way, shopping for new clothing is not always easier after weight loss. Many of my clients have found their new body shape has left them baffled! If this is you, I’m happy to help, or can recommend a great stylist on your area. Contact me here.
And finally, please, always remember that you deserve to dress fabulously everyday. Don’t wait to be a certain weight!